Position Title: Salesforce Administrator
Hutchinson Networks is a global IT strategy and delivery company. We help clients navigate the transition to a modern IT environment through expert technical advice, complex implementations, and proprietary hosted solutions. Our solutions power some of the largest multi-national companies, critical public sector infrastructure, dynamic start-ups and disruptive technology firms. Hutchinson Networks has worked in 75+ countries and is headquartered in Edinburgh, UK.
The Salesforce Administrator will work as part of the team dedicated to ensuring that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the system based on the various user group needs. We are seeking someone with excellent technical and communication skills who can interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to administer and enhance the system accordingly. This person will serve as the “go to” for users, promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, provide training, and more. Additionally, the Administrator will perform basic updates, such as add/delete users, and adding basic custom fields.
User Assistance, Training, Adoption and Satisfaction
• Create and administer training to existing or new users/groups
• Provide one to one training to end users on an on-going basis.
• Expand use of Salesforce.com – attend planning meetings, assist with determining if /how salesforce.com can be used in new ways as opposed to purchasing a new internal system
• Assist sales management to create processes in salesforce.com to help monitor activities, trends, sales and leads
• Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements and changes to the system
• Monitor usage and mentor users/groups needing assistance
• Continually seek ways to further enhance the end-user experience
• Be the company SME on Salesforce.com
• Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance
• Document company processes and workflows
• Develop process documentation and field maps
• Create new processes and associated reporting
Data Quality, Migration and Maintenance
• Assist with migration from older systems/processes into Salesforce.com
• Monitor neglected Leads, Opportunities, Accounts, and Contacts as appropriate
• Import data as appropriate
• Monitor and manage exception logs for back end system integration with SFDC
• Manage duplicate records
• Monitor and improve data quality
• Ensure data integrity by merging duplicate Leads, Contacts, and Accounts; performing mass uploads and updates of data as required; Removing unnecessary fields and data; ensuring screens, fields and workflow have accurate names and reflect current workflow
Report and Dashboard Creation and Maintenance
• Create and maintain dashboards
• Create and maintain reports including folder maintenance
• Develop complex, macro driven reports to summarize system information for Senior Management
• Build and manage report folders for reps to improve sales efficiency
A system administrator needs a solid understanding of the organization’s business. They must have solid salesforce.com skills and ideally, understand the general concepts of Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Most importantly they should be proactive, organized and logical.